Tonight my Bachelorette viewing buddy and I were reunited to watch this week's episode of Ali's journey to find love. Below our thoughts, musings and horror:
- Ali gets made over by InStyle. Why are there camera flash bulbs? Ali says, “Let’s get me in style!” Hello00000, scripted!
- Why is Ali having a photo shoot?
- Chris L. explaining the difference between real love and unicorn love = priceless.
- Kasey compares Ali to a cocoon turning into a butterfly, ready for love. Gag.
- Kasey breaks into song. I covered my face in shame. Silence. Cut to commercial.
- Group date for the All Star crew. No invite for Rated R because he didn’t feel the need to shave.
- When did “guard and protect your heart” become a catch phrase?
- “This is just my heart. Jump in, stay awhile.” - Kasey. Nuf said.
- And Kasey is singing again. From the couch, "He is vom-a-licious."
- Group date: Kirk, Frank, Ty, Roberto, Jesse, Weatherman, Craig. Solid group!
- Product placement overload: first InStyle, now the Lion King (like Ali knows how many Tony’s they won).
- Boys in blank spandex, doing Broadway choreography? Frightening.
- Singing auditions. From the couch, "Good thing Kasey isn’t on this date.”
- Jesse can sing? Hotness times 10 million.
- “Roberto looked her in the eyes and sang to her. That’s the first thing I should have thought of!” – Kirk
- Frank gets jealous of Ali and Roberto. From the couch, "Frank is going to commit homicide on this series."
- Ali not giving out roses this episode. No rose for Kasey, no rose on the group date.
- Kirk tucks Ali in because she is feeling sick. From the couch, "Well done, Kirk."
- The second one-on-one date goes to Chris L. Woot!
- Chris brings Ali flowers and soup to her room since she still isn't feeling well.
- Ali gets some energy back and she and Chris head to 230 5th, where I was this past Friday night! Chris gets the rose. Joshua Radin performs on the roof. They finally have a make out.
- Cocktail party time. Ali's black jumpsuit - GROSS.
- Kasey was about to show Ali his tattoo when he got saved by Frank! You are lucky Kasey. That would have been the final nail.
- Craig gets a rose. From the couch, “I guess he just needs to say two sentences each week and he’ll be fine.”
- Chris N. gets a rose. From the couch, “What? No. I don’t believe in this. Chris "N" like "Nobody knows him!"
- Ali picks Kasey over Jesse and the Weatherman. You are letting the hotness that is Jesse go home to keep Mr. Guard and Protect Your Heart? COME ON.
- Next stop: Iceland! Cute preview of a one-on-one date with Kirk. He is becoming a fast favorite.
We agreed tonight we would like to fast forward to the final four: Roberto, Chris L., Kirk and Frank. Sorry boys, the front runners are clear.
Be sure to check out Entertainment Weekly for the episode recap and host Chris Harrison's blog!