When I got home tonight and turned on my DVR I saw the name of this episode was "The Return of the Ring." I knew immediately this was referring to Blair's Harry Winston ring. That ring takes my breath away every time. Every. Single. Time.
In the first scene of the episode I was obsessing over Blair's pink petal coat! Blair is spinning out of control as she realizes her entire past is going to be exposed on Gossip Girl. She enlists Dorota to help her re-read her diaries and prepare for the worst. Dorota says, "You want me to find every damning thing since grade school? That is a lot of damning." Ha!
While on the subject of Blair's diary, of course Blair would have matching, Tiffany colored diaries!
After Dan discovers that Blair has written in her diary that she still loves Chuck, he gives her the "I love you" ultimatum. Oh boy.
Bart continues his path of destruction with Chuck. First he brings Chuck Blair's ring from Harry Winston and encourages Chuck to lay it all on the line. Then during the Bass Industries press conference he says, "So thank you, Chuck, for keeping my seat warm. Starting today I will be the only Bass in Bass Industries." From the look on Chuck's face you can see he did not see that coming.
This hour Lola discovered that Lily has secretly hired Carol's lawyer to make sure Carol never gets out of jail. To retaliate and defend her mom, Lola hires Ivy to take down Lily. And oh yeah, cuts her a huge check. I thought Ivy was gone for good. Apparently not.
At the end of the episode the writers begin to lay the ground work for the cliffhangers. As we close out this season, here is where our gang leaves off:
- Blair goes to Paris with Eleanor to learn her business and take over the company.
- Chuck partners with Jack Bass (oy!) and they take their cash to the casino.
- Lily asks Rufus for a divorce and then heads to the Hamptons with Bart.
- Diana sends Nate a jump drive with a note that says, "Could this be your Gossip Girl?" The jump drive shows a video of a person in a black hood swiping Serena's laptop. To me, it looks like a man . . .
- Dan requests that Georgina accompany him to Italy to help him write the tell all book about the Upper East Side he feels he "should have written." Sounds like pay back to me! Also, why is Georgina back? I can't stand her.
- Serena is on a train out of New York, buys drugs and lets a stranger fondle her. Oy.
- In the final seconds of the show, Blair shows up to the casino, takes the seat next to Chuck and says, "You fought for me all year. Now I've come to fight for you." Yes!
Do you think when we return to that casino table in September that Chuck will accept Blair back into his life?
*Images courtesy of CWTV.com.